International pianist Cordelia Williams to perform in Huntingdon
AWARD-winning pianist Cordelia Williams is set to perform at the Hinchingbrooke Performing Arts Centre.
The 23-year-old musician’s set includes Ravel’s Gaspard de la Nuit, Chopin’s Two Nocturnes, Beethoven’s Six Bagatelles and Schubert’s Sonata in C Minor.
Williams, who lives in London, is fitting in the visit to Huntingdon between concerts in Nairobi, Africa, and North Carolina, in America, but says she loves the atmosphere of performing in smaller British venues.
“I can’t wait to come to Huntingdon as it’s my first time,” she told The Hunts Post, “I adore the intimate surroundings of playing to these types of clubs as you get to know the people before and after.”
She added: “My favourite piece is Schubert’s Sonata so I am really looking forward to playing it, and also Ravel’s music which is a huge challenge for musicians but an exciting one.”
You may also want to watch:
Williams started playing the piano when she was aged three because she got jealous when her mother, a professional harpsichordist, used to practice with her friends. To celebrate her eighth birthday, she gave her first piano recital.
The Cambridge University student won BBC Young Musician of the Year in 2006 and has never looked back. Williams will perform in the south of France in April, Salzburg in June and in Chicago later in the year.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
Away from touring she also runs Cafe Muse, which is a series of events that take place in London bars, caf�s and brasseries which have been chosen for their relaxing atmosphere and warm hospitality. She adds to that mix some world-class classical music.
INFORMATION: Cordelia Williams plays at Piano Recital, run by Huntingdon Rotary Club, on Friday, March 16, at 7.30pm. Tickest �5-�10 from Peter Downes on 01480 398082 or email@example.com and other members of the club. All proceeds from this concert will go to charities in Huntingdonshire and across the world.