Indie band Frankie & the Heartstrings to play in Bedford
- Credit: Archant
It’s not often that you get the chance to see a band that has toiled its way to the upper echelons of the indie scene for less than a pint of beer.
Wearside rockers Frankie & the Heartstrings will be playing Bedford Esquires on Monday (January 26) in celebration of Independent Venue Week.
And if you have a taste for raucous indie pop, you won’t want to miss the show.
For the uninitiated, the band have supported top acts such as The Vaccines and The Kaiser Chiefs, played Glastonbury Festival and their bona fide smash hit Hunger was featured on the soundtrack of The Inbetweeners film.
They’ve also opened their own record shop in their native Sunderland and have recorded with a host of top musicians such as Edwyn Collins (Orange Juice), Bernard Butler (Suede), Ryan Jarman (The Cribs), and the band currently features Ross Millard of The Futureheads on guitar.
Heartbreaking ballads or frantic floor-fillers – Frankie & the Heartstrings have got it all.
Bedford Esquires will now add them to its long list of artists to have played there during their careers - a stellar line-up which includes Muse, Coldplay and The Libertines.
- 1 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 2 Woman who could barely walk is taking part in cycling event after shedding 19 stones
- 3 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 4 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 5 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 6 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 8 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 9 Plans to demolish barn and create organic food business
- 10 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
INFORMATION: Starts at 8.30pm. Tickets cost £2 from www.seetickets.com.