Indie band Frankie & the Heartstrings to play in Bedford
- Credit: Archant
It’s not often that you get the chance to see a band that has toiled its way to the upper echelons of the indie scene for less than a pint of beer.
Wearside rockers Frankie & the Heartstrings will be playing Bedford Esquires on Monday (January 26) in celebration of Independent Venue Week.
And if you have a taste for raucous indie pop, you won’t want to miss the show.
For the uninitiated, the band have supported top acts such as The Vaccines and The Kaiser Chiefs, played Glastonbury Festival and their bona fide smash hit Hunger was featured on the soundtrack of The Inbetweeners film.
They’ve also opened their own record shop in their native Sunderland and have recorded with a host of top musicians such as Edwyn Collins (Orange Juice), Bernard Butler (Suede), Ryan Jarman (The Cribs), and the band currently features Ross Millard of The Futureheads on guitar.
You may also want to watch:
Heartbreaking ballads or frantic floor-fillers – Frankie & the Heartstrings have got it all.
Bedford Esquires will now add them to its long list of artists to have played there during their careers - a stellar line-up which includes Muse, Coldplay and The Libertines.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
INFORMATION: Starts at 8.30pm. Tickets cost £2 from www.seetickets.com.