Improvised musical hits all the right notes at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- Credit: Geraint Lewis
Cambridge Arts Theatre welcomes Edinburgh Fringe and West End hit, ‘Showstopper! The Improvised Musical’ this month.
Showing from February 22 to February 27, the show promises superb improvisation and belly-aching laughs.
Everything is left in the audience’s hands; the title, setting, music, plot twists, and even how the second-half will pan out by tweeting the cast.
Take its opening night; set in Hell, Mephistopheles is torn between her love for newcomers, and married couple, Clarinda and Charles for whom she used to babysit back on Earth.
As a torturer awaiting promotion, this love business threatens to get in the way and she hops between Heaven and Hell before making up her mind.
You may also want to watch:
As for the music, the audience, by way of giving ideas to co-director Dylan Emery then cheering for the best, chose styles like Grease, Bollywood and Flamenco.
Being introduced to Hell in a Rocky Horror Show style was a particular highlight, not to mention the rap battle between God and Lucifer.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 5 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 6 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
With a cast of just six and a different story every night, this is a show you really can enjoy again and again.
Box office: 01223 503 333