Improvised musical hits all the right notes at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- Credit: Geraint Lewis
Cambridge Arts Theatre welcomes Edinburgh Fringe and West End hit, ‘Showstopper! The Improvised Musical’ this month.
Showing from February 22 to February 27, the show promises superb improvisation and belly-aching laughs.
Everything is left in the audience’s hands; the title, setting, music, plot twists, and even how the second-half will pan out by tweeting the cast.
Take its opening night; set in Hell, Mephistopheles is torn between her love for newcomers, and married couple, Clarinda and Charles for whom she used to babysit back on Earth.
As a torturer awaiting promotion, this love business threatens to get in the way and she hops between Heaven and Hell before making up her mind.
As for the music, the audience, by way of giving ideas to co-director Dylan Emery then cheering for the best, chose styles like Grease, Bollywood and Flamenco.
Being introduced to Hell in a Rocky Horror Show style was a particular highlight, not to mention the rap battle between God and Lucifer.
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 3 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 4 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 7 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 10 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
With a cast of just six and a different story every night, this is a show you really can enjoy again and again.
Box office: 01223 503 333