Choir and orchestra to start rehearsing for new season
- Credit: Archant
The Huntingdonshire Philharmonic will shortly start rehearsing for the new season and is urging new members to join them.
A series of concerts is planned over the coming months and rehearsals begin in September.
On November 2, the choir will perform Faure's Requiem and Dupre's De profundis by candlelight at St Mary's Church, in Godmanchester. The orchestra will take on Khachaturian's Spartacus Suite No 2 and Mahler's Symphony No 5 at Hinchingbrooke Performing Arts Centre, in Huntingdon, on November 23.
There will also be a family Christmas concert with both orchestra and choir in December.
"We are always keen to hear from anyone in the area interested in joining the choir or orchestra, perhaps rekindling a dormant interest in practising and performing with fellow amateur musicians and singers," said Kay Coope.
You may also want to watch:
"We are particularly keen to attract brass and strings to the orchestra and all voice parts to the choir."
Rehearsals are held during school term time at Godmanchester Community Academy, from 7.45pm till 9.45pm, starting on September 3 for the choir and September 5 for the orchestra. Prospective singers are welcome to attend open rehearsals at the start of each term.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
For more information, contact: email@example.com or: firstname.lastname@example.org and the website: www.huntsphil.org.uk.