Huntingdonshire Concert Band set to pay musical tribute to founder of Earth, Wind and Fire, Maurice White
- Credit: Archant
The Huntingdonshire Concert Band will pay tribute to Earth, Wind and Fire founder Maurice White at its Anything Goes concert tomorrow (Saturday).
The homage to Mr White was announced after it was revealed today that the singer-songwriter died in his sleep yesterday (Thursday) after being diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease in 1992.
A post on the HCB’s Facebook page said: “Sad to hear the news of Maurice White’s passing. Our “Best of Earth, Wind and Fire” arrangement will a fitting tribute to his music on Saturday.”
Concert goers can expect to hear some of the soul band’s classic hits including September, Boogie Wonderland, Let’s Grove and After the Love is Gone.
The concert will take place in the Bar Hill Church tomorrow as a part of the members’ annual fund raising activities.
You may also want to watch:
David McClintock, HCB’s musical director, said: “Bar Hill has always been popular with the band thanks to the excellent Church acoustic and the unflagging and enthusiastic support of the audience.”
The band will also be covering an extravaganza of music including James Bond, Glen Miller and more symphonic orchestral type music.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
The concert starts at 7.30pm; Tickets £8 (£7 concessions) available by telephone 01954 780260 and 01954 203310 or email email@example.com or on the door.