Huntingdon Youth Theatre will perform Beauty and the Beast at the Countryside Centre in Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon Youth Theatre (HYT) will be performing Beauty and the Beast at Hinchingbrook Country Park, from December 6-8.
In association with Huntingdonshire District Council, the group, which celebrates its 21st anniversary next year, will be performing an innovative and exciting version of the French fairy tale at the Countryside Centre.
“As has often been the case, the county’s oldest youth theatre is putting a new and different twist into a classic story,” said Dominic Whitehead who is the group’s chairman.
Hot on the heels of a successful British and European tour during the summer, the group has thrown itself into this 21st Christmas production with a large cast of both new and long-serving members of the group and fantastic costumes, inventive props and a modern and flexible set.
Nicole Jackson, herself a young member for more than 10 years at the turn of the millennium, directs the group.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets should be booked early for the 100 seat venue on three nights and one Saturday matinee run.
INFO: Tickets are £8/£6 and £20 for families and available from Niche Comics, 147 High Street, Huntingdon or by calling 01480 381734
- 1 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 2 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 3 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 4 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
or online at www.huntingdonyouththeatre.co.uk or the Hinchingbrooke Country Park Café.