Huntingdon Carnival and Live in the Park will provide a host of entertainment
- Credit: Archant
This year’s Huntingdon Carnival and Live in the Park events will take place this weekend.
The carnival on Saturday (August 12) starts with a procession, which leaves The George Hotel at midday and makes its way along the High Street and then down Hartford Road and into the Riverside Park.
The 2017 Huntingdon carnival queen is Abi Walker and her princesses are, Lexi Pearce and Courtney Giddings, who will all lead the procession.
The carnival committee, lead by chairman Bill Hensley and vice-chairman/treasurer Ray Godby, said: “We would like to take this opportunity to thank the new Huntingdon mayor and mayoress for their support in this event. Thank you, also, to the outgoing carnival queen, Isabella Du Toit and her two princesses Jessica Scott and Molly Thompson. Thank you to all the girls who took part in the competition and all the parents, grandparents and friends who supported them.”
The events at the Riverside Park on Saturday include Urban Dance Academy, sea cadets, Cromwell Vets Dog Show, Caledonian Pipe Band and Blue Vision.
You may also want to watch:
Entries for the fun dog show are £1 per class, including Most Handsome, Prettiest Bitch, Best Family, Best Rescue, Best Puppy and Best Veteran.
On Sunday, the timetable is as follows: midday - Jessica Davies, 1pm - Caitlyn, 2pm - Chris Fox, 3pm - Blackjack, 4pm - Deja Vu, 5pm - Mizmerize, 6pm - Zero Charms.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k