Huntingdon-based theatre groups nominated for prestigious awards
- Credit: Archant
Two Huntingdon-based theatre groups have been noimated for the prestigious NODA (eastern region) awards in the Best Play for the District category.
Shakespeare at The George (SaTG) has been nominated for its summer production of Shakespeare’s Pericles, and Huntingdon Drama Club for its production of Arthur Miller’s The Crucible in November.
The awards will be announced on the May 13.
“This is a huge achievement for theatre in Huntingdon, “ said Simon Maylor from SaTG.
“The two groups work very closely together, and are delighted that each other have been nominated”
You may also want to watch:
The National Operatic and Dramatic Association (NODA) was founded in 1899 and is the leading representative body for amateur theatre in the UK. The association has a membership of approximately 2,400 amateur theatre groups and more than 2000 individual members staging musicals, operas, plays, concerts and pantomimes in a wide variety of venues ranging from the country’s leading professional theatres to village halls. Covering a broad spectrum of age ranges, NODA member societies meet the needs of all levels of both performers, whether dramatic, dance or musical, and those involved backstage, front of house or in society administration.
NODA is divided into 11 regions, each headed by a regional councillor who sits on the national council (ruling body of the association), and supported by a network of regional representatives and officials.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
INFO: www.huntingdondramaclub.org.uk/wordpress and www.satg.org.uk.