Watch as Cambridgeshire Music students unveil online orchestra performance of Hawaii Five-0 theme tune.
- Credit: Archant
A special performance of a classic TV theme tune by 50 musicians from Cambridgeshire Music – including a former student in Los Angeles – has been unveiled online.
The music hub, based in Huntingdon, had more than 60 video and audio recordings submitted for the project during lock-down.
The first performance was a specially arranged version of the theme to 80s cult show Hawaii Five-0.
Instruments ranged from saxophones and flutes to cellos and drum kits – as well as some interesting items from the kitchen cupboard.
Cambridgeshire Music’s Mark Aldous, who arranged the piece, said: “Our first online orchestra was a bit of an experiment and a means to keep our musicians engaged with their music making in these strange times.
“It was a joy to receive so many contributions and a real privilege to piece all of the bits together and to bring all of these musicians from different backgrounds and abilities together in the same space – albeit a virtual space.
“We’re delighted with the energy and enthusiasm that the participants have brought to the project and can’t wait to get cracking on the next one.”
- 1 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
- 2 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 3 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in village
- 4 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 5 Huntingdon Carnival and parade returns this summer
- 6 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 7 £1,350 a day (plus VAT) for new chief executive at combined authority
- 8 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 9 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 10 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
To watch the video, go to: www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQvQaZ4r8zs&feature=youtu.be.