Watch as Cambridgeshire Music students unveil online orchestra performance of Hawaii Five-0 theme tune.
- Credit: Archant
A special performance of a classic TV theme tune by 50 musicians from Cambridgeshire Music – including a former student in Los Angeles – has been unveiled online.
The music hub, based in Huntingdon, had more than 60 video and audio recordings submitted for the project during lock-down.
The first performance was a specially arranged version of the theme to 80s cult show Hawaii Five-0.
Instruments ranged from saxophones and flutes to cellos and drum kits – as well as some interesting items from the kitchen cupboard.
Cambridgeshire Music’s Mark Aldous, who arranged the piece, said: “Our first online orchestra was a bit of an experiment and a means to keep our musicians engaged with their music making in these strange times.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a joy to receive so many contributions and a real privilege to piece all of the bits together and to bring all of these musicians from different backgrounds and abilities together in the same space – albeit a virtual space.
“We’re delighted with the energy and enthusiasm that the participants have brought to the project and can’t wait to get cracking on the next one.”
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 5 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 6 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
To watch the video, go to: www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQvQaZ4r8zs&feature=youtu.be.