Huntingdon author’s new book takes reader on a journey through Hungary’s history
- Credit: Archant
Book lovers enjoyed finding out more about life in Hungary at the launch of David Brown’s new book.
David, from Norfolk Road, in Huntingdon, gave a reading about the book, A Love Affair with Hungary, at the event at Huntingdon Library on November 3. David is also the author of BLIP: A Personal History of Huntingdon Town Council - 1995-1999.
This new story tells how life changed for him and his wife Shirley when they met Sara in Hungary in 2006, which was the year of the 50th anniversary of the failed uprising against the Soviet Union. David and Shirley were hosted by Sara’s family in Szentendre, one of Huntingdon and Godmanchester’s twinned towns
“The launch went well and I presented the book and did some readings from it,” said David.
“We then had a good discussion and finished with some Hungarian wine and nibbles.”
Sara has also stayed with David and Shirley in England for 10 months to improve her English language skills.
“Since that time a growing bond has developed between both our families and we now see Sara as our adopted daughter,” explained David.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 3 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 4 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 9 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 10 Newly elected mayor and deputy mayor of St Neots announced
The story takes the reader on a journey through Hungary, detailing some of the history and geography.
INFO: The book is available in the Oxfam bookshop in Huntingdon High Street or by email: email@example.com.