Huntingdon author’s new book takes reader on a journey through Hungary’s history
- Credit: Archant
Book lovers enjoyed finding out more about life in Hungary at the launch of David Brown’s new book.
David, from Norfolk Road, in Huntingdon, gave a reading about the book, A Love Affair with Hungary, at the event at Huntingdon Library on November 3. David is also the author of BLIP: A Personal History of Huntingdon Town Council - 1995-1999.
This new story tells how life changed for him and his wife Shirley when they met Sara in Hungary in 2006, which was the year of the 50th anniversary of the failed uprising against the Soviet Union. David and Shirley were hosted by Sara’s family in Szentendre, one of Huntingdon and Godmanchester’s twinned towns
“The launch went well and I presented the book and did some readings from it,” said David.
“We then had a good discussion and finished with some Hungarian wine and nibbles.”
You may also want to watch:
Sara has also stayed with David and Shirley in England for 10 months to improve her English language skills.
“Since that time a growing bond has developed between both our families and we now see Sara as our adopted daughter,” explained David.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
The story takes the reader on a journey through Hungary, detailing some of the history and geography.
INFO: The book is available in the Oxfam bookshop in Huntingdon High Street or by email: email@example.com.