Hundreds of classic cars on show at Kimbolton country fayre
THOUSANDS of people are expected in Kimbolton on July 18 when the village hosts its annual country fayre and classic car show.
THOUSANDS of people are expected to descend on Kimbolton on Sunday, July 18 when the village hosts its annual country fayre and classic car show.
Now in its 19th year, the event is set in the grounds of Kimbolton Castle and showcases more than 700 classic cars. It is an A-to-Z of the car world from the iconic Austin 7 and E–type Jaguar to Porsches and Ferraris.
Other attractions include live music, dancing, archery, a beer tent, food court, charity stalls and a display by the Travelling Sheep Show.
A new touch of glamour will be provided by cheerleaders from USAF Alconbury showing how they motivate the US football teams.
If that proves too modern then look out for muskets firing in a live English Civil War battle and a flypast of the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Lancaster.
The event is organised by the Sporting Bears Motor Club and Kimbolton Castle Rotary Club and over the last 19 years has raised �150,000 for charities including
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 3 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 4 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 5 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 6 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 7 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 8 Councillors vote to continue school transport for special needs schools
- 9 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 10 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
Cancer Research UK and the Burned Children’s Club.
INFORMATION: 11am-6pm. Entry is �6/�3 or �16 for a family ticket.