Hundreds of classic cars on show at Kimbolton country fayre
THOUSANDS of people are expected in Kimbolton on July 18 when the village hosts its annual country fayre and classic car show.
THOUSANDS of people are expected to descend on Kimbolton on Sunday, July 18 when the village hosts its annual country fayre and classic car show.
Now in its 19th year, the event is set in the grounds of Kimbolton Castle and showcases more than 700 classic cars. It is an A-to-Z of the car world from the iconic Austin 7 and E–type Jaguar to Porsches and Ferraris.
Other attractions include live music, dancing, archery, a beer tent, food court, charity stalls and a display by the Travelling Sheep Show.
A new touch of glamour will be provided by cheerleaders from USAF Alconbury showing how they motivate the US football teams.
You may also want to watch:
If that proves too modern then look out for muskets firing in a live English Civil War battle and a flypast of the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Lancaster.
The event is organised by the Sporting Bears Motor Club and Kimbolton Castle Rotary Club and over the last 19 years has raised �150,000 for charities including
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 9 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 10 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
Cancer Research UK and the Burned Children’s Club.
INFORMATION: 11am-6pm. Entry is �6/�3 or �16 for a family ticket.