Griff Rhys Jones joins the line-up for this summer’s Cambridge Comedy Festival
- Credit: Archant
The twelfth annual Cambridge Comedy Festival returns to the city with 34 shows from some of the world’s finest comedy performers.
After two years of alfresco comedy on Jesus Green, the festival returns to its original home at the Cambridge Junction where the venue will be transformed into a comedy hub with four performance venues, plus the Moonshine Brewery beer garden and delicious food from street food vendors.
The Jesterlarf Comedy Club will be hosting shows each night, from July 18-21, with big name headliners, including Milton Jones, Josh Widdicombe, Reginald D Hunter and Griff Rhys Jones. There will also be Edinburgh preview shows on this star-studded programme of comedy award-winners and the hottest emerging talent. The line-up will also feature some shows aimed at a younger audience.
The show opens on July 18 with the king of one-liners, Milton Jones, who is with Ian Stone, Stefano Paolin and Maff Brown, as master of ceremonies, in J1.
In the J2 venue - will be Adam Buxton and Lee Nelson and in J3 you can catch Elf Lyons and Tony Shaw, J4 see Catherine Bohart and Olaf Falafel perform.
You may also want to watch:
July 19 - Josh Widdicombe, The Kagools, Rosie Jones, Laura Lexx (MC) in J1. In J2, it’s Griff Rhys Jones and Tom Slade and in J3 you can catch Geoff Norcott and George Egg. J4 - Tom Ward, Ashley Blacker and Adam Vincent.
July 20 - Reginald D Hunter, Mike Gunn, Diane Spencer, Kevin McCarthy (MC). J2 - Jo Caulfield and Simon Evans. J3 - Jarred Christmas and Rob Kemp and Christopher Macarthur-Boyd and Darren Harriott in J4.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 7 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 8 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
July 21 - Jesterlarf Comedy Club featuring Henning Wehn, Leo Kearse, Rich Wilson, John Mann (MC). Zoe Lyons and Andrew Maxwell in J2. In J3, it’s Charlie Baker, Trevor Bickles, Nelson T Gombakomba, Adele Cliff, Martin Westgate, Rob Knighton (MC). Henry Parker, Maisie Adams and Sara Barron in J4. Comedy Club For Kids is in J2 on Saturday and starts at 2.30pm.
For more information on all the acts and ticket prices, go to: www.cambridgecomedyfestival.com.