Great British Bake Off judge Paul Hollywood at Peterborough show
- Credit: Archant
Celebrity chef and master baker Paul Hollywood will be turning up the heat at this year’s highly anticipated new-look Autumn Food and Country Fair in Peterborough.
Top tips to improve your bakes, demonstrations, inspirational commentary and book signing will all feature during Paul’s visit to the Peterborough Arena and East of England Showground on October 11.
Fans will have the chance to take a seat in the event’s new-look indoor cookery theatre and attend one of the demonstrations.
Peterborough arena event manager Kerry Buttriss said: “We are absolutely thrilled to be welcoming such a high profile celebrity like Paul Hollywood to the event. We wanted to introduce some new elements to the autumn fair this year, hence the new name, to widen its appeal to the public and families whilst maintaining many of the features which people love about the event, and come back year after year to enjoy.”
Paul will be taking part in three demonstrations throughout the day at 10.30am, 1pm and 3.30pm and tickets are already selling fast.
The Peterborough Arena’s exhibition hall will be transformed into the indoor food and drink area for the autumn fair on Sunday, October 11- and will include foods stalls, sampling, and wine tasting - hosted by Amp Wines of Oundle.
Building on the Great Eastern Craft Fair, which was launched last year, this element of the show moves into the Atrium – with organisers now appealing for keen cooks, budding knitters and sewers or crafty jewellery makers to show off their work.
- 1 Improved Ofsted rating for village primary school
- 2 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 3 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 4 Godmanchester tearoom supporting adults with learning disabilities celebrates
- 5 Cyclist left with serious injuries after bus collision in St Ives
- 6 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 7 All aboard! St Neots father and son to tackle London underground for charity
- 8 Concerns about late-night noise if club is granted alcohol extension
- 9 Voi trial ‘confuses people’ about illegal e-scooters
- 10 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
Kerry added: “We want to build on the success and popularity of TV cookery and craft shows and encourage people to share their talents and hobbies.
“In addition to a number of new look attractions, the Autumn Food & Country Fair is still very much a family day out, and the biggest event of its kind in the region – bringing fun, fur, feathers – and this year, food – all in one amazing indoor and outdoor space.”
Other attractions for 2015 include a bicycle stunt team, donkey rides, trade stands and stalls, dog show, small livestock show, giant vegetable competition and classic car and vintage tractor displays.
There is free parking and the event runs from 8am until 4pm. The East of England Showground is located just off the A1 at Alwalton near Peterborough.
INFO: Tickets are £8 for adults, senior citizens £6 and children £4. Family ticket (two adults and two children) are £20. Tickets to see Paul Hollywood, includes entry, are £20, £18 and £9. Tickets available from: www.autumnfoodandcountryfair.co.uk.