Ghostly goings-on and spooky stories during a guided walk in St Neots
- Credit: Archant
You can discover some ghostly goings-on and spooky stories during a guided walk around St Neots next month.
Join St Neots Museum’ curator, Liz Davies, for a 90-minute walk through the town centre and find out more about the history of witchcraft in St Neots.
Liz will talk about local woman Annie Izzard (pictured) during the three scheduled walks, which take place on October 14/21/28 and start at 7.30pm.
“When I first started work at the museum in 2001 I was told by a local resident that this old photograph showed Annie Izzard from Great Paxton, who had been accused of witchcraft in 1808. However Annie had actually died in 1834 before the invention of the camera! This story demonstrates the power of the belief in witchcraft and in the legend of Annie, which will feature in the new ghost walk.”
Walks, which cost £5, will go ahead whatever the weather and booking is essential.
INFO: Book a place by ringing the museum on 01480 214163 or email: email@example.com.
The museum is also running Family Torchlight Tours at the museum during half term in October. Children, aged five and over, can make a spooky lantern and will also receive a goody bag to take away.
- 1 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 2 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 3 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 5 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 6 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 7 Plans to demolish barn and create organic food business
- 8 Woman who could barely walk is taking part in cycling event after shedding 19 stones
- 9 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 10 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
INFO: cost for the tour, on October 28/29/30, is £4 and adults are free. Bring your own torch.