Get creative with drum circle sessions at Huntingdon’s Commemoration Hall
- Credit: Archant
A new group will tackle the stresses and strains of modern life with a fun musical workshop.
Focussing on making sounds ‘in the moment’, guests will be encouraged to explore their creativity as part of a drum circle.
Monkey Bongo will come to the Commemoration Hall, Huntingdon, on the second Thursday of every month, starting on June 12.
There will be vocal chants, dancing, and laughter, as the group brush off feelings of anxiety, stress, and combat high blood pressure.
A typical workshop will include a warm up where participants get used to the hand drums and learn about basic rhythms. Each session is guided by a leader to bring out the best in people in a relaxed environment.
You may also want to watch:
Darren Goodale, the founder of the Peterborough-based social enterprise, said: “Each of the new workshops has been specifically designed to work with different groups of people.
“Our schools workshop is tailor-made for students and explores creativity and rhythm. We run a specialist workshop for people working through depression and other mental health issues. Drumming circles also make for unique corporate events bringing teams together, and can be really good fun as entertainment at parties, or as relaxation for seniors.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
“Making music serves as cognitive exercise, keeping your brain fit. It’s a great way to bring people together, have fun, get creative, burn some calories, and relieve feelings of stress.”
INFORMATION: From 7.30pm-9pm. Entry £7. For more information, call 01733 753757, 07533 350745 or visit www.monkey-bongo.co.uk.