New exhibition featuring the work of Geoff Goddard to open in St Neots
- Credit: Archant
A new exhibition by local artist Geoff Goddard is coming to Art & Soul Cafe, in St Neots, for two weeks at the start of August.
'Reflections' is an exhibition of his recent work in which he has tried to create paintings that have a slightly mysterious narrative and timeless quality. Although most of the paintings have a portraiture base Geoff's aim was not just to capture a likeness but to create images that communicate to the viewer and are also open to interpretation.
By using gold and metal leaf gilding in many of the paintings he has hopefully given them an elegant but ethereal beauty. Much of this work is influenced by the Pre-Raphaelites era, religious icons and many contemporary figurative artists, and he aims to produce art that has beauty, requires investigation and generates an emotive response.
Geoff worked in industry for 15 years but then retrained as a teacher, eventually attaining the position as head of visual arts. Since retiring from teaching he has been able to focus even more on his art.
Geoff is a member of Cambridge Drawing Society and a provisional member of the Institute of East Anglian Artists.
Reflections opens on August 2 and Geoff's work will be on display until August 15 in the gallery at the Art & Soul Cafe in New Street.
- 1 'Leaning' Christmas tree in St Neots is removed
- 2 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 3 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 4 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald
- 5 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 6 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 7 Roman Crucifixion burial found in Fenstanton
- 8 Christmas markets and events happening in Huntingdonshire in the next two weeks
- 9 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 10 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed