Gary Barlow announces Forest date - tickets on sale on October 20
- Credit: Archant
Gary Barlow is the first artist to be announced for next summer’s Forest Live event at Thetford Forest and tickets will go on sale on October 20.
The British singer-songwriter and record producer found worldwide fame as a member of Take That. Since forming in 1989. Take That have won eight BRIT awards, sold more than 45 million records and more than eight million concert tickets.
Gary is one of Britain’s most successful songwriters, having written 14 Number One singles as well as being a six-time recipient of an Ivor Novello Award. Aside from his achievements with Take That, he has also co-written and produced music for other renowned artists including Dame Shirley Bassey, Sir Elton John and Robbie Williams. Gary’s last solo record Since I Saw You Last sold more than 600,000 copies. Gary has also turned his attention to the world of theatre, composing the score for the hugely successful production Finding Neverland, working alongside screenwriter Tim Firth to write the music and lyrics for musical The Girls and also working alongside his Take That band mates to produce The Band a record breaking musical featuring the music of Take That.
Forest Live is a major live music series, managed by the Forestry Commission. Held annually in seven beautiful forest locations across the country, more than 1.5 million people have attended a gig in the programme’s 17-year history. With everything required for a great night out, including food and bars, the concerts are renowned for their informal and relaxed atmosphere set to a spectacular forest backdrop. Income generated from ticket sales helps to look after the nation’s forests sustainably, for people to enjoy and wildlife to thrive.
Gary Barlow plus guests will be at Thetford Forest, near Brandon, on June 8. Tickets are £47.50 (plus £5.25 booking fee) available from 10am on October 20 from the Forestry Commission box office tel: 03000 680400, or buy online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music.
- 1 Small community café in St Neots "just hanging on"
- 2 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 3 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 4 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 5 Come and see Huntingdon's Beacon lighting ceremony for the Jubilee
- 6 Great honour for two men awarded the freedom of Huntingdon
- 7 Large Hotel of the Year winner is proud of its history
- 8 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 9 The latest Readers' Photos sent to the Hunts Post this week
- 10 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels