Former EastEnders actor Paul Nicholas will play King Rat in Dick Whittington and His Cat at Arts Theatre, Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
Former EastEnders’ bad boy Paul Nicholas will lead the cast of the 2016 family pantomime at the Arts Theatre in Cambridge.
The BAFTA nominated Just Good Friends star will play the despicable and cunning baddie King Rat in Dick Whittington and His Cat.
Paul will be spending Christmas in Cambridge to wreak havoc in true panto style.
Speaking of his upcoming role, Paul said: “It’s more fun to play villains than goodies. When I was young, I played all the goodies, but it’s so much more fun to be booed because you always get a reaction. It’s easier to be nasty than nice.”
Paul is joined by Matt Crosby, who makes a welcome return to the Arts Theatre stage to play Sarah the cook alongside Rob Rees as Idle Jack and Holly Easterbrook in the title role of Dick Whittington.
You may also want to watch:
Dick Whittington opens on December 1 and runs until January 8, 2017. Tickets are priced from £14- £39 and are available from the box office on 01223 503333 or online at: www.cambridgeartstheatre.com.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder