Former Bay City Rollers star will visit St Ives in September
- Credit: Archant
Lead singer of legendary Scottish pop band, Bay City Rollers, will visit St Ives later this month, bringing with him well-known hits plus songs from an upcoming album.
Les McKeown and band members Si Mulvey, Alex Toff, Phil Hendriks and Scott McGowan will take to the stage on September 29, armed with classics guaranteed to get people up on their feet.
Songs such as Bye Bye Baby, Shang-a-Lang, Summer Love Sensation, and Give a Little Love are just some of the hits the group will be playing, as well as some new additions from their upcoming album.
Les McKeown joined the Bay City Rollers as lead vocalist more than 40 years ago, propelling himself to stardom with the group’s first-ever single, Remember, which reached number six in UK charts.
More hits soon followed, all hitting the top five places, before their American breakthrough with Saturday Night in 1974.
You may also want to watch:
Their debut British album, Rollin, was also a hit with the public, becoming the first debut album to ever hit number one, and the band enjoyed touring the likes of Europe, Japan, America and Australia.
By 1978 though, McKeown had left, and the band went on to rename itself The Rollers, hiring a new singer and eventually disappearing from the public eye.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 8 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 Buckden celebrate first cup win in decades with home-grown squad
Keen to get the group together again, McKeown reunited the band as the Fab 5 Bay City Rollers line-up in 1982, playing sold-out shows in Tokyo and going on to release their first studio album in seven years.
The band performed again in 1999 in their hometown of Edinburgh on New Year’s Eve, and since then its new members have joined the line-up.
Bringing a new energy to the classic hits, Les McKeown’s Bay City Rollers will take to the stage at 7.30pm, with doors opening at 6.45pm.
Tickets are £22.50 in advance, and are available from One Leisure St Ives on 01480 388500, or online at burgesshall.net.