Folk artist Johnny Coppin to perform in St Neots
- Credit: Archant
Johnny Coppin’s credentials speak for him as a singer-songwriter, composer, and poetry anthologist with a wealth of experience.
Now, he will add to that list by gracing the stage at St Neots Folk Club for a showcase of his fine musicianship.
Formerly with the folk-rock band Decameron, his numerous solo albums include Forest and Vale and High Blue Hill, Edge of Day, Force of the River, and The Winding Stair.
He has supported Gerry Rafferty, Jasper Carrott and The Albion Band on tour and has appeared at festivals in the UK and abroad, with sets at the prestigious Cambridge, Edinburgh, Lisdoonvarna and Nyon festivals.
He has also appeared on TV, including his own programme Songs of Gloucestershire for the BBC and Stars in a Dark Night for Channel Four. His stints on the radio have also been extensive, with work for both Radio Two and Four.
Beyond this, he has written music for the theatre and edited two poetry anthologies – Forest and Vale and High Blue Hill and Between the Severn and the Wye.
Coppin is renowned for his clear voice and music which is essentially English in character, while having a universal appeal.
- 1 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 4 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 5 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 6 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 7 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
- 8 Plans to demolish barn and create organic food business
- 9 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 10 St Neots business raises £2700 for Ukrainians in Huntingdonshire
INFORMATION: The concert takes place from 8pm-10.30pm on Tuesday, November 4, at The Priory Centre. Entry costs £9 for non-members and £8 for members.