Folk artist Johnny Coppin to perform in St Neots
- Credit: Archant
Johnny Coppin’s credentials speak for him as a singer-songwriter, composer, and poetry anthologist with a wealth of experience.
Now, he will add to that list by gracing the stage at St Neots Folk Club for a showcase of his fine musicianship.
Formerly with the folk-rock band Decameron, his numerous solo albums include Forest and Vale and High Blue Hill, Edge of Day, Force of the River, and The Winding Stair.
He has supported Gerry Rafferty, Jasper Carrott and The Albion Band on tour and has appeared at festivals in the UK and abroad, with sets at the prestigious Cambridge, Edinburgh, Lisdoonvarna and Nyon festivals.
He has also appeared on TV, including his own programme Songs of Gloucestershire for the BBC and Stars in a Dark Night for Channel Four. His stints on the radio have also been extensive, with work for both Radio Two and Four.
You may also want to watch:
Beyond this, he has written music for the theatre and edited two poetry anthologies – Forest and Vale and High Blue Hill and Between the Severn and the Wye.
Coppin is renowned for his clear voice and music which is essentially English in character, while having a universal appeal.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 3 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 4 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
INFORMATION: The concert takes place from 8pm-10.30pm on Tuesday, November 4, at The Priory Centre. Entry costs £9 for non-members and £8 for members.