First wave of acts for Cambridge Folk Festival announced
- Credit: Archant
The first acts for this year’s Cambridge Folk Festival have been announced.
Already an eclectic line-up, names include Irish folk singer Christy Moore, multi Grammy award-winner Mary Chapin Carpenter and traditional English metalcore ceilidh band, Glorystokes.
Also playing to the 14,000 capacity will be Cash Box Kings, Imelda May, Lisa O’Neill, and Kate Rusby.
Entertainment for children has also been announced, including The BarrowBand which celebrates healthy eating, and singalong act Funbox.
Running from July 28 to July 31 in Cherry Hinton, more acts are yet to be revealed but tickets are now on sale.
For those over 21, adult tickets for the full festival are £159, and 18 to 21-year-olds will be admitted for £125.
Teen tickets, for those between 16 and 17, cost £95.50, children five to 15 cost £44.50, and those younger go free.
- 1 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 2 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 3 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald
- 4 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 5 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 6 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 7 'Leaning' Christmas tree in St Neots is removed
- 8 Roman Crucifixion burial found in Fenstanton
- 9 Christmas markets and events happening in Huntingdonshire in the next two weeks
- 10 St Ives man undergoes pioneering heart treatment
Day tickets are also available; Thursday is set at £26.50, Friday £57.50, and Saturday and Sunday at £67.50.
To book, call 01223 357 851, or visit cambridgefolkfestival.co.uk, where the full first wave line-up and camping information can also be found.