Festive pantomime is on its way to St Neots
- Credit: Archant
When Dreadful Deirdre wakes up on Christmas morning to find her stocking empty, again, she’s not happy about it.
With thoughts of revenge, she sends her henchmen off to Lapland to take on Santa.
It’s not the most obvious plot for a panto, but that’s exactly what it is: Father Christmas The Panto.
St Neots Players are putting on four performances of Mark Llewellin’s story at The Priory Centre, St Neots, from Thursday, December 11 to Saturday, December 13.
The Players’ Christine Suggars said: “It’s a typical family-orientated panto, with lots of jokes. Ruby, head of the reindeers, is the dame, and there’s a toy maker.
You may also want to watch:
“There are lots of songs that people will know. It’s all really good fun.”
The large cast, including eight principal roles and a chorus, with dancers from Tom Langdale’s dance school, have been rehearsing for about three months.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 7 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
The performances are at 7.30pm on Thursday and Friday, December 11 and 12 and at 11am and 4pm on Saturday, December 13.
INFORMATION: Tickets £10-£12, or £40 for a family. To book, call 01480 388922.