Festival Events St Ives kicks off with Picnic in the Park
- Credit: Archant
From June 19, Festival Events St Ives (FESt) will be launching its 2016 programme, with events running throughout the town right up until December.
Picnic in the Park will kick-start this year’s line-up, with music at Warner’s Park from 1pm to 7pm, complete with a real ale tent, food stalls, and free sports activities for children.
The Huntingdon Big Band and funk and jazz groupFuzed will play on the day, joined by the Freddie Hall Band, and admission isfree.
July is another musical month for the festival – which is now in its eighth year - with nine concerts set to play in the town.
Each Sunday, from July 3 to August 28, a variety of bands will perform at the Methodist Church on The Waits, including St Ives Rhythm and Blues Band on July 10, Somersham Town Band on July 17 and the Ouse Valley Chorus on August 21.
Admission to the concerts is free, with each one running from 2.30pm to 4pm.
July 16 will also see the COSI Concert at the Free Church to celebrate the Queen’s Birthday, starting at 7.30pm for £8 per person.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 3 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 4 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 7 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 10 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
FESt will continue running events until December 11, with the Illuminated Boat Parade on September 3 and even Santa’s Grotto yet to come.
To find out more, please visit stivesfest.org.uk.