Festival Events St Ives kicks off with Picnic in the Park
- Credit: Archant
From June 19, Festival Events St Ives (FESt) will be launching its 2016 programme, with events running throughout the town right up until December.
Picnic in the Park will kick-start this year’s line-up, with music at Warner’s Park from 1pm to 7pm, complete with a real ale tent, food stalls, and free sports activities for children.
The Huntingdon Big Band and funk and jazz groupFuzed will play on the day, joined by the Freddie Hall Band, and admission isfree.
July is another musical month for the festival – which is now in its eighth year - with nine concerts set to play in the town.
Each Sunday, from July 3 to August 28, a variety of bands will perform at the Methodist Church on The Waits, including St Ives Rhythm and Blues Band on July 10, Somersham Town Band on July 17 and the Ouse Valley Chorus on August 21.
You may also want to watch:
Admission to the concerts is free, with each one running from 2.30pm to 4pm.
July 16 will also see the COSI Concert at the Free Church to celebrate the Queen’s Birthday, starting at 7.30pm for £8 per person.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 7 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 8 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
FESt will continue running events until December 11, with the Illuminated Boat Parade on September 3 and even Santa’s Grotto yet to come.
To find out more, please visit stivesfest.org.uk.