Feel-good musical is set to sparkle in Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
Tickets are now on sale for the glittering production of Priscilla Queen of the Desert: The Musical in Huntingdon later this month.
Staged by The Musical Theatre Company in association with Stageworks Events, the show arrives at Hinchingbrooke Performing Arts Centre from February 16 to 19, and promises to be a night to remember.
Based on the smash-hit film featuring Terrance Stamp and Guy Pearce, the story follows a trio of drag queens who decide to take their show to the middle of the Australian outback.
Travelling aboard a battered bus named Priscilla, the group head off to find love and friendship in this hilarious and heart-warming adventure.
The show features an impressive West End style set including dazzling costumes and headdresses, the iconic Priscilla shoe, and, of course, the bus herself.
A live orchestra also accompanies the cast, with a sing-a-long track featuring the likes of I Will Survive, Boogie Wonderland and Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.
Michael Bays, director at Stageworks Events, said: “We are proud to be one of the first companies to stage Priscilla in the UK and audiences can expect a real West End style experience right here on their doorstep.
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 3 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 4 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 5 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 6 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 7 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 8 Councillors vote to continue school transport for special needs schools
- 9 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 10 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
“No expense has been spared in creating the set and a wardrobe of costumes that we think will blow audiences away.
“It’s a really fresh and funny show that is guaranteed to make you laugh, but will also tug at the heartstrings. Even if you’re not usually a big musical fan, this show is for you, as the soundtrack is packed with 1980s dance floor favourites that will get you singing along in no time.”
In support of the production, JD Wetherspoon in Huntingdon – Sandford House - has launched its own ‘Priscilla Punch’ cocktail which will be sold until February 19.
All shows are at 7.30pm, apart from February 18 when there will be a 2.30pm showing and a 5pm performance on February 19.
Tickets are £16, plus a booking fee when secured online.
To book, call 01480 223331 or visit ticketsource.co.uk/priscilla.