Rare Banksy pieces and ancient dinosaur skull on show at gallery
- Credit: EXTRAORDINARY OBJECTS CAMBRIDGE
A rare collection of pieces art made by Banksy are now on display at a new gallery in Cambridge.
Extraordinary Objects, which features sculptures, antiquities and natural history objects, has opened in Green Street.
From a 68-million-year-old dinosaur skull, to Banksy sculptures, the collection 'celebrates curiosity and adventure, displaying modern masterpieces alongside rare fossils and minerals'.
Extraordinary Objects was founded by artist Carla Nizzola, who has over a decade's experience in the art world.
The gallery was born out of Carla's life-long passion for collecting art, natural history, antiques and curiosities.
She said: "The gallery is, in essence, an extension of my own personal collection.
You may also want to watch:
"Watching people being blown away when they first see a piece in the collection is, for me, the best feeling.
"whether it’s a 4.5-billion-year-old meteorite, or one of Banksy’s latest works that catches their attention.”
- 1 Flood devastation as villagers are forced to clear drains with their bare hands
- 2 Murder most foul in village's historical records
- 3 Plans for Ox-Cam Arc are 'pretty awful'
- 4 St Ives schoolboy looking to claim national title with Kettering Town
- 5 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 6 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 7 Nathan’s Go-Fund Me page raises more than £6,000 and family pay tribute
- 8 Blue Beard! David dyes his beard bright blue to support MIND
- 9 Ramsey College takes part in international research project
- 10 Freedom Day postponed - 'it's better to be safe than sorry', say readers