Exhibition to display work of St Ives artists
- Credit: Archant
Artistic interpretations of the subject ‘When I was Young’ will be on display in St Ives over the bank holiday weekend.
Members of St Ives Art Group were challenged to create a piece on the topic for its annual exhibition.
Each year, they do a ‘Challenge Painting’ on a particular theme and the results are shown off to visitors.
Creations this time around include a montage of paintings of childhood scenes, a seaside view and a teddy bear.
To see what else the group has come up with, head to St Ives Free Church, Market Hill, St Ives.
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition opens for viewings from 11am-4.30pm on Friday (August 22), then 9am-4.30pm on Saturday, 2-4.30pm on Sunday and 9am-4pm on Monday. Entry is free.
The group, who all come from St Ives or nearby, meet regularly at Wheatfields School in St Ives from 6.30-8.30pm on Wednesday evenings during term times.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
It is an informal untutored group with no set subject. New members are welcome to drop in at one of the meetings and are invited to bring along painting materials and have a go. The first session is free. To join, the annual subscription is £30.
INFORMATION: For more details, contact Tina Pedlar on 01480 466155 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.