Exhibition of work by St Neots Art Group
- Credit: Archant
A new exhibition by a group is coming to the Art & Soul Café, in St Neots, for two weeks at the end of this month.
Established in the late 1970s by a group of six in a garden shed known as 'The Paintbox', St Neots Art Group has grown to be a thriving club of keen artists using a variety of media.
The group was originally led by a well-known local artist, the late Mrs June Smith.
Membership grew steadily and now is between thirty and forty local artists. The shed soon had to be replaced with various other meeting places including local schools and church
You may also want to watch:
The group holds either annual or bi-annual exhibitions; in recent times these have been in the United Reformed Church but in August they will be holding their Summer Exhibition at Art & Soul, in the centre of St Neots.
"We are delighted to be exhibiting at Art and Soul" said Lesley Cartwright.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
The work is very varied, ranging from traditional watercolours to portraits and abstracts invarious media. Some of the work will be sculptures and most will be wall hung.
'Art by St Neots Art Group' will be available between August 17 and 31 in the Gallery at Art & Soul, 7 New Street, St Neots PE19 1AE.