Excitement is mounting for the start of this year’s Round Table Santa sleighs across the district
- Credit: Archant
Many things signify the run-up to Christmas - the hotly anticipated John Lewis advert, people adorning their houses with lights and Christmas figurines and the Round Table Santa sleighs descending on the streets of Huntingdon and St Neots.
Once again volunteers from both the Huntingdon and District and the St Neots round tables will be taking their Santa sleighs to the streets to collect money for worthwhile local causes throughout December.
Nationally, the Round Table organisation raises more than £3 million each year from the Santa sleighs rounds which take place in towns and cities across the country.
This year, The Hunts Post has teamed up with the Round Table to ensure as many people as possible are aware in advance of when the sleighs will be in their area. The details of the rounds will be published in the newspaper each week and there will be a dedicated section on our website to check out the details. We are also encouraging people to take selfie photographs of themselves and their children with the volunteers and the sleigh and email them to us. We will use as many of them as possible to create an online gallery.
The Round Table has also set up a tracking system, which will allow people to go online and see exactly where the sleigh is and this will ensure children do not miss out and more people time to prepare themselves for the sleigh arriving.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Lawrence, from the St Neots Round Table said: “Round Table is a not-for-profit organisation run by local volunteers who rush from their day jobs to spread a little Christmas cheer each year. We would like to thank all the community groups that also give up their valuable time to help us. Without them, we wouldn’t be able to run the sleighs.”
Thomas Birch, from the Huntingdon Round Table added: “We know the people of Huntingdon and St Neots are very generous each year and we really look forward to bringing Santa round to meet many of you very soon.”
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 9 Appeal for foster parents to come forward
- 10 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
To check out the details of the most up-to-date route, which may be subhject to change nearer the time. go to: www.huntspost.co.uk where there will also be a link to the Round Table’s tracker. Email your selfie photos to: firstname.lastname@example.org and then look out for our gallery.
For more information on Round Table or to get involved visit www.roundtable.co.uk.