Everybody’s Talking About Jamie opens in cinemas next week
- Credit: Archant
Inspired by a true story, Everybody’s Talking About Jamie is an award-winning five-star hit musical.
Jamie New (John McCrea) is 16 and lives on a council estate in Sheffield. He doesn’t fit in and is terrified about his future.
The story was inspired by a BBC3 documentary called Jamie: Drag Queen at 16 and featured Jamie Campbell who found himself in the headlines after he announced that he wanted to wear a dress to his school prom.
Jamie is supported by his brilliant and loving mum, and gradually, surrounded by his friends, he manages to overcome prejudice and beat the bullies, stepping out of the darkness and into the spotlight.
John McCrea, Josie Walker, Tamsin Carroll, Lucie Shorthouse and Phil Nichol lead, accompanied by an eight-piece band.
You may also want to watch:
Winner of 3 WhatsOnStage awards.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder