Enjoy a step back in time for the 1940s Weekend in Ramsey on Saturday and Sunday
Organisers of this weekend’s 1940s Weekend in Ramsey say this year’s event will be even bigger and better than the last.
The 13th Ramsey 1940s Weekend is on Saturday (August 22) and Sunday (August 23) and takes place at The Camp on 20 acres of grassland in Wood Lane, Ramsey. The site is the former headquarters for a searchlight and anti-aircraft battery during World War Two.
Attractions include a 1940s garden, vintage and classic vehicles, fun fair, and trade stands and there will be plenty of places to eat and drink over the weekend. You can also step back in time and enjoy musical entertainment from the East of England Pipeband, the City of Ely Military Band, Ian Rose, Paul Casper and Madeline Brown.
The weekend is organised by a small volunteer committee whose aim is to fund the continued refurbishment of The Camp.
“The event allows charities and good causes to raise money and bring the history to life,” said committee chairman Gil Kilby.
“For the first time we are having a re-enactment with ground battles between the living history groups and a spitfire and Messerschmitt will join in battle in the sky and this should be something not to miss,” she added.
On Saturday evening, the Jive Aces will perform and on Sunday a Drum Head Service will take place at 11am to commemorate all those who lost their lives in the two world wars. Tickets are £10 for adults and £6 for concessions and under fives are free. Organisers would like to hear from anyone who would be interested in volunteering at the event or anyone who has old photographs or information about The Camp during the 1930s/1940s.
- 1 Small community café in St Neots "just hanging on"
- 2 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 3 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 4 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 5 Great honour for two men awarded the freedom of Huntingdon
- 6 Come and see Huntingdon's Beacon lighting ceremony for the Jubilee
- 7 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 8 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 9 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 10 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
INFO: email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call 07881730047 or visit www.ramsey1940s.co.uk.