Enjoy a step back in time for the 1940s Weekend in Ramsey on Saturday and Sunday
Organisers of this weekend’s 1940s Weekend in Ramsey say this year’s event will be even bigger and better than the last.
The 13th Ramsey 1940s Weekend is on Saturday (August 22) and Sunday (August 23) and takes place at The Camp on 20 acres of grassland in Wood Lane, Ramsey. The site is the former headquarters for a searchlight and anti-aircraft battery during World War Two.
Attractions include a 1940s garden, vintage and classic vehicles, fun fair, and trade stands and there will be plenty of places to eat and drink over the weekend. You can also step back in time and enjoy musical entertainment from the East of England Pipeband, the City of Ely Military Band, Ian Rose, Paul Casper and Madeline Brown.
The weekend is organised by a small volunteer committee whose aim is to fund the continued refurbishment of The Camp.
“The event allows charities and good causes to raise money and bring the history to life,” said committee chairman Gil Kilby.
You may also want to watch:
“For the first time we are having a re-enactment with ground battles between the living history groups and a spitfire and Messerschmitt will join in battle in the sky and this should be something not to miss,” she added.
On Saturday evening, the Jive Aces will perform and on Sunday a Drum Head Service will take place at 11am to commemorate all those who lost their lives in the two world wars. Tickets are £10 for adults and £6 for concessions and under fives are free. Organisers would like to hear from anyone who would be interested in volunteering at the event or anyone who has old photographs or information about The Camp during the 1930s/1940s.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 10 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
INFO: email email@example.com or Call 07881730047 or visit www.ramsey1940s.co.uk.