Enjoy a musical set to the sounds of Madness in St Neots
- Credit: Archant
The music of ska band Madness provides the backdrop for this musical about the choices we make – and the consequences we must live with.
Our House – by playwright Tim Firth – explores the themes of love, family values, and growing up.
The musical will be at the Priory Centre, St Neots, on July 18-19, where the Riverside Theatre Company will perform its production of the Olivier Award-winning show.
It tells the tale of Camden lad Joe Casey who makes a life-changing decision on the night of his 16th birthday.
In an effort to impress the girl of his dreams, he breaks into a building development overlooking his home. When the police turn up, his life divides – there is the Joe who stays and gives himself up, and the Joe who flees and leaves her to take the blame.
You may also want to watch:
The audience is shown the two paths that his life could take after that fateful night – one leading to a criminal record and one causing him to lose the girl he loves.
Over a period of seven years and two alternative lives, he faces the consequences of his actions, watched over by his dead father who unites the two realities.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 3 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 4 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
INFORMATION: Starts 7.30pm on the Friday and Saturday, with a 2.30pm Saturday matinee. £10 for adults, £8 concessions and £33 for a family ticket, on 01480 388922 or www.riversidetheatrecompany.co.uk.