Enjoy a musical set to the sounds of Madness in St Neots
- Credit: Archant
The music of ska band Madness provides the backdrop for this musical about the choices we make – and the consequences we must live with.
Our House – by playwright Tim Firth – explores the themes of love, family values, and growing up.
The musical will be at the Priory Centre, St Neots, on July 18-19, where the Riverside Theatre Company will perform its production of the Olivier Award-winning show.
It tells the tale of Camden lad Joe Casey who makes a life-changing decision on the night of his 16th birthday.
In an effort to impress the girl of his dreams, he breaks into a building development overlooking his home. When the police turn up, his life divides – there is the Joe who stays and gives himself up, and the Joe who flees and leaves her to take the blame.
The audience is shown the two paths that his life could take after that fateful night – one leading to a criminal record and one causing him to lose the girl he loves.
Over a period of seven years and two alternative lives, he faces the consequences of his actions, watched over by his dead father who unites the two realities.
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 3 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 4 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 5 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 6 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 7 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 8 Councillors vote to continue school transport for special needs schools
- 9 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 10 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
INFORMATION: Starts 7.30pm on the Friday and Saturday, with a 2.30pm Saturday matinee. £10 for adults, £8 concessions and £33 for a family ticket, on 01480 388922 or www.riversidetheatrecompany.co.uk.