Dancers to perform for English Youth Ballet in half term
- Credit: Archant
A group of eight dancers from across Cambridgeshire have been selected by the English Youth Ballet to perform during half term.
The dancers are Isla Faulkner, Brooke Slowe, Victoria Gibbons, Emily Mitchell, Jasmine Sellens, Isabelle Church, Ariana Clulow and Sofia Svensson.
The girls are currently in rehearsals for a professional double-bill production of Aurora's Wedding and Ballet Études which is being staged at the Stamford Corn Exchange.
There will be performances at the venue from October 23-25.
Victoria, aged 15, who attends Hinchingbrooke School, said: "I started dancing because I always used to watch my older sister doing it and I wanted to join in."
She continued: "I'm looking forward to dancing with English Youth Ballet again so that I can work on my performance and expression.
"It will be great to meet new people. I'd like to go to a vocational dance school at 16 and then become a dancer either in a company or freelance."
- 1 New mayor of Huntingdon unveiled at annual town council meeting
- 2 Fresh wave of Camp Beagle protests as vans arrive at Wyton complex
- 3 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 4 Meet the volunteers making a difference for Ukrainians in Huntingdonshire
- 5 Rush hour rail disruption between Peterborough and London
- 6 Passengers 'thrown from seats' when train sped through Peterborough
- 7 Platinum Jubilee: 100-person laser tag tournament in woods near Huntingdon
- 8 Exclusive look at photograph taken at RAF Warboys from IWM's new The Royal Family in Wartime book
- 9 Suspected sleeping driver with child on board stopped on A1(M)
- 10 Huntingdon dental practice provides free care to Ukrainian refugees
English Youth Ballet (EYB) is one of the UK's largest ballet companies and previously won The Stage Award for special achievement in regional theatre.
The opportunity to watch English Youth Ballet (EYB) is a unique experience. Sell-out audiences are treated to international principal artists sharing the stage with the top up-and-coming young talent from the local area.
There are 60 of the region's most talented young dancers in the production.
For more information and tickets, go the website at: www.stamfordcornexchange.co.uk