English Touring Opera company opens in Cambridge next week
- Credit: Archant
The English Touring Opera company presents Mozart’s The Marriage of Figaro and Puccini’s Il Tabarro and Gianni Schicchi at the Cambridge Arts Theatre.
The Marriage of Figaro is a world-class piece of work that is considered to be one the world’s most beloved operas.
The classic comedy is equally acclaimed for its sublime music and huge sense of fun. During the course of one eventful day, Figaro and Susanna must overcome every obstacle put in their way by Count Almaviva and his cronies before they can finally be united as man and wife.
Puccini’s one-act operas could hardly be more different: one is a moody romance ending in grotesque murder on a barge in Paris, and the other is a sparkling comedy about a family inheritance in Florence.
The Marriage of Figaro is on April 17/20/21 and will be sung in English.
You may also want to watch:
Il Tabarro and Gianni Schicchi are on April 18/19. Tickets are priced at £25-£45 and available from the box office on: 01223 503333. Performances start at 7.30pm.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 How well do you know Huntingdon?