Elmer the Patchwork Elephant celebrates his 30th birthday in St Ives
- Credit: Archant
Elmer the Patchwork Elephant comes to St Ives to celebrate his 30th birthday this half term.
The classic children's book series Elmer the Patchwork Elephant by David McKee, celebrated its 30th birthday with Elmer Day on May 25. |
To mark the event, the Burgess Hall, in St Ives, is hosting the Elmer the Patchwork Elephant Show on June 2.
This family show has is a celebration of individuality and the power of laughter and there are two show times at 11am and 2pm to make it more accessible for families.
Elephants, as everyone knows, are big, have trunks, and are grey. But Elmer is a patchwork of brilliant colours. His fun-loving and cheerful personality keeps everyone in a playful mood, until the day he gets tired of being different and tries to blend in with the herd.
You may also want to watch:
Elmer the Patchwork Elephant Show, features a menagerie of 21 loveable puppets, and tells the tale of an elephant that stands out - both with his patchwork-coloured skin and his sense of humour - but ultimately realising that his friends have always valued his unique characteristics.
The show's subtle message that it is always best to be yourself, combined with the vibrant colour and cheeky humour of the main character, makes Elmer a great show for children of all ages.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
INFO: There are two shows at 11am and 2pm, on June 2. Running time is 45 minutes.
Tickets are: £8.50 child and £10 adult, with a family ticket for £30 (2 adults and 2 children).
Tickets are available online at: www.ticketsource.co.uk/burgesshall by calling: 01480 388111 or visiting the box office at One Leisure, in St Ives.