Dynamic duo to come to St Neots
- Credit: Archant
Creating a powerful wall of sound, dynamic duo Gilmore and Roberts will bring their trademark harmonies and fierce fiddle-playing to the Priory Centre, St Neots.
The rising stars have been twice-nominated at the BBC Folk Awards due to their unique combination of acclaimed songwriting and excellent musicianship.
Katriona (Gilmore) and Jamie (Roberts) met which studying at Leeds College of Music and have released three albums together since 2008. Their third record, The Innocent Left, was recorded with producer Julian Simmons (Guillemots, Ed Sheeran, Albert Lee), and explores a range of topics while firmly maintaining their passion for compelling stories.
From the steady groove of Doctor James to the pounding beat of Scarecrow and the wistful introspection of Silver Screen, it encompasses elements of folk, bluegrass, and rock, while maintaining their own distinctive sound.
In 2010 they were nominated for the BBC Radio 2 Horizon Award and released their hotly anticipated second album, Up From The Deep. It received national airplay and scored them a ‘Best Original Song’ Hancock Award for Fleetwood Fair.
Since then, they have toured with folk rock legends Fairport Convention and completed several headline tours in their own right up and down the country, as well as performing at some of Britain’s largest acoustic festivals.
If you are a fan of the duo’s authentic folk music, this rare performance on a St Neots stage is not to be missed.
- 1 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 2 Planning proposal for a new café to be reviewed by St Neots Town Council
- 3 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 4 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 5 Ramsey students crowned winners in science competition
- 6 Home of the Week
- 7 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 8 No water relief for depleted rivers and reservoirs with another heatwave forecast
- 9 Lack of dentists in Cambridgeshire sees people pulling their own teeth
- 10 Dancers Jive, tango and have fun at the Illumination Dance Masquerade Ball
INFORMATION: Show starts at 8pm on Tuesday, October 14. Entry costs £8 for non-members and £7 for members. For more, visit www.gilmoreroberts.co.uk.