DVD Review: My Week with Marilyn
The 2011 Oscar-nominated film documenting Marilyn Monroe’s time on the set of The Prince and the Showgirl is out on DVD.
My Week with Marilyn
MARILYN Monroe caused a media frenzy when she arrived in England to make The Prince and the Showgirl in 1957, and also endured an infamously tense relationship with director, Laurence Olivier.
If you missed My Week with Marilyn at the cinema, the 2011 Oscar-nominated film is finally available on DVD.
While Michelle Williams is faultless in her performance as the late icon, the film’s true star is the adorable, sensitive Eddie Redmayne, who plays Colin Clark, the impressionable third-assistant director, who falls under Marilyn’s spell and wrote the diaries from which the film is adapted.
You may also want to watch:
Dame Judi Dench, Dominic Cooper, Kenneth Branagh and Emma Watson top off an impeccable cast in this warm, well-crafted story, celebrating a by-gone era of film-making and the life of one of the greatest big-screen idols.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens