DVD Review: Midnight in Paris
Woody Allen’s kooky, Oscar-winning, romantic comedy is finally available on DVD.
Midnight in Paris
MIDNIGHT in Paris opened the Cannes Film Festival and just won an Oscar for Best Original Screenplay, so if you missed Woody Allen’s ethereal love-letter to the most romantic city in the world, now is your chance.
Chalk and cheese couple Gil (Owen Wilson) and Inez (Rachel McAdams) come to realise their irreparably different values as they experience Paris in their own way during the build up to their wedding.
Gil submits to an other-worldly adventure as he travels back in time to the ‘Golden Age’ of the 1920’s, partying with Hemingway and the Fitzgeralds, while Inez trawls markets and caf�s with her unapologetically right-wing parents.
- 1 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 4 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 5 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 7 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
- 8 Plans to demolish barn and create organic food business
- 9 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 10 St Neots business raises £2700 for Ukrainians in Huntingdonshire
As magical and fanciful as is to be expected of Allen, but perhaps a little TOO sugary sweet.