DVD Review: I Don’t Know How She Does It
Sarah Jessica Parker stars in this delightfully predictable rom-rom.
I Don’t Know How She Does It
MADE by the man responsible for the grossly ‘Hollywood-ified’ versions of Jane Austen’s Emma, and Dickens’ Nicholas Nickleby, I Don’t Know How She Does It is perhaps the most formulaic rom-com to ever make it on screen.
The film’s (modest) success is solely down to it doing exactly what it says on the tin.
The fashionable one from Sex and the City (Sarah Jessica Parker) embodies the age-old feminine guilt-trip, juggling career and motherhood, as New York-based finance executive, Kate Reddy.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 3 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 4 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 5 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
- 6 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 7 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 8 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 9 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 10 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
Nothing goes too-far awry, with Kate’s understanding husband (Greg Kinnear) and amorous boss (Pierce Brosnan) helping her along to a predictably happy ending.