DVD Review: I Don’t Know How She Does It
Sarah Jessica Parker stars in this delightfully predictable rom-rom.
I Don’t Know How She Does It
MADE by the man responsible for the grossly ‘Hollywood-ified’ versions of Jane Austen’s Emma, and Dickens’ Nicholas Nickleby, I Don’t Know How She Does It is perhaps the most formulaic rom-com to ever make it on screen.
You may also want to watch:
The film’s (modest) success is solely down to it doing exactly what it says on the tin.
The fashionable one from Sex and the City (Sarah Jessica Parker) embodies the age-old feminine guilt-trip, juggling career and motherhood, as New York-based finance executive, Kate Reddy.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 7 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
Nothing goes too-far awry, with Kate’s understanding husband (Greg Kinnear) and amorous boss (Pierce Brosnan) helping her along to a predictably happy ending.