DVD Review: I Don’t Know How She Does It
Sarah Jessica Parker stars in this delightfully predictable rom-rom.
I Don’t Know How She Does It
MADE by the man responsible for the grossly ‘Hollywood-ified’ versions of Jane Austen’s Emma, and Dickens’ Nicholas Nickleby, I Don’t Know How She Does It is perhaps the most formulaic rom-com to ever make it on screen.
The film’s (modest) success is solely down to it doing exactly what it says on the tin.
The fashionable one from Sex and the City (Sarah Jessica Parker) embodies the age-old feminine guilt-trip, juggling career and motherhood, as New York-based finance executive, Kate Reddy.
- 1 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
- 2 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 3 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in village
- 4 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 5 Huntingdon Carnival and parade returns this summer
- 6 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 7 £1,350 a day (plus VAT) for new chief executive at combined authority
- 8 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 9 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 10 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
Nothing goes too-far awry, with Kate’s understanding husband (Greg Kinnear) and amorous boss (Pierce Brosnan) helping her along to a predictably happy ending.