DVD Review: Great Expectations
THE 2011 festive television highlight, the BBC adaptation of Charles Dicken’s classic, Great Expectations, is now available on DVD.
FOR many, the highlight of Christmas TV last year was the BBC adaptation of Dickens’ classic, Great Expectations.
Starring Ray Winstone as escaped convict and unlikely hero, Magwitch and Gillian Anderson as the insufferable Miss Havisham, the three-part drama is finally available to own in feature length on DVD.
You may also want to watch:
Douglas Booth, who you may remember from his break-out performance as Boy George in the revealing autobiographical TV film, Worried About the Boy, makes for an enthralling Pip.
As with all the BBC’s sumptuous productions, Great Expectations is littered with British film and television stars, one of whom, Harry Lloyd (Malfoy Snr in Harry Potter) is the great-great-great grandson of Charles Dickens-how apt.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 5 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 6 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding