Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- Credit: GEORGE & DRAGON
A fundraising day in support of a local man who tragically lost his leg after an accident will be held at a St Neots pub.
The George and Dragon, in Eaton Socon, will hold a darts competition and family fun day on Saturday, August 7 to help aid Aaron Murray in his recovery.
The popular regular suffered a life-changing accident in February this year and is currently wheelchair bound while he waits for a prosthetic leg to be fitted.
During Aaron's recovery, punters decided to club together to organise the darts competition.
There will also be a bouncy castle, stocks, live DJ, children’s activities, a tasty BBQ and evening entertainment.
Charlie, from the pub, said: “Aaron is one of our customers who was involved in an awful accident. We are now keen to support his recovery with raising some money for him and his family.
“There will be something for all the family on the fundraising day.”
- 1 Do you remember the old Megatron at Alconbury?
- 2 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 3 Jail for Fenstanton man who groomed teenager
- 4 Fundraising campaign to help transform 'dangerous' garden for two children
- 5 Woman in her 60s 'remains in serious condition' after B1514 crash
- 6 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 7 Woman left with a ‘bloodied nose’ in Huntingdon
- 8 St Neots woman to walk more than 800 miles for CPSL Mind
- 9 Family pay tribute to great grandfather who died in Buckden Road crash
- 10 Golf Day raises more than £800 for CamSight
The event will start at midday and run till late.