Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- Credit: GEORGE & DRAGON
A fundraising day in support of a local man who tragically lost his leg after an accident will be held at a St Neots pub.
The George and Dragon, in Eaton Socon, will hold a darts competition and family fun day on Saturday, August 7 to help aid Aaron Murray in his recovery.
The popular regular suffered a life-changing accident in February this year and is currently wheelchair bound while he waits for a prosthetic leg to be fitted.
During Aaron's recovery, punters decided to club together to organise the darts competition.
There will also be a bouncy castle, stocks, live DJ, children’s activities, a tasty BBQ and evening entertainment.
Charlie, from the pub, said: “Aaron is one of our customers who was involved in an awful accident. We are now keen to support his recovery with raising some money for him and his family.
“There will be something for all the family on the fundraising day.”
- 1 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 4 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 5 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
- 6 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 7 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 8 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 9 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 10 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
The event will start at midday and run till late.