Dance schools combine to perform Peter Pan at the Hinchingbrooke Performing Arts Centre this weekend
- Credit: Archant
More than 200 children will take part in a production of Peter Pan at Hinchingbrooke Performing Arts Centre this weekend (March 24/25).
Mother and daughter team, Brill Co: BR Dance and LL Dance, who stage an annual charity show each year.
“The show has some great young actors and actresses and we strive to get better and better each year,” said Laura Hodson, principal of LL Dance and Performing Arts.
The dancers, aged from five to 19, will perform a mixture of ballet, tap, hip-hop, modern jazz, pointe work, lyrical and acro dance.
There will also be a raffle at the shows to raise money for Cancer Research and the performances have raised £18,301 over the years.
LL Dance has been running for almost 30 years and is based at Hemingford Grey Primary School and the King Edward Centre, in Chatteris and BR Dance has been running for 10 years and is based in Earith.
“Peter Pan is the full production, acting, dancing and has nearly 200 children involved. Many of our students go on to full time vocational colleges and we also dance at exciting venues like Royal Albert Hall, Sadlers Wells, the O2 and this year we are dancing at Disneyland Paris for the third time. We have to get through a strict audition process and we passed with flying colours first time. We are taking 29 dancers aged between seven and 18 in August this year,” added Laura.
- 1 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in village
- 2 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
- 3 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 4 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 5 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 6 £1,350 a day (plus VAT) for new chief executive at combined authority
- 7 Huntingdon Carnival and parade returns this summer
- 8 A lost wedding photo uncovers a heartbreaking story
- 9 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 10 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
INFO: To check if there are seats available: contact Laura on 07738787438.