Craig David to perform at Newmarket Racecourse in July
- Credit: Archant
The Jockey Club Live and Newmarket Racecourses have announced the first artist for the 2018 Newmarket Nights season will be Craig David.
The multi platinum-selling artist has sold more than 15 million albums, achieving 16 Top Ten hits and multi-platinum status in more than 20 countries, taking over festival stages around the world, selling out headline tours in seconds.
Initially rising to success with hit singles including 7 Days, Fill Me In and Walking Away, 16 years later he has been catapulted back into the charts and into the nation’s hearts with Big Narstie on the gold certified single When The Bassline Drops, marking the beginning of his triumphant return. He has since released the number one album.
The announcement of Craig David follows news that The Vamps have been announced for the family-friendly Summer Saturday Live, headlining on August 25.
Amy Starkey, regional director (east) of Jockey Club Racecourses, said: “We are delighted to confirm Craig David’s first headline show at Newmarket Nights on July 20. His live shows are renowned, having sold out arenas across the country I have no doubt we are in store for an incredible performance.”
You may also want to watch:
The Jockey Club Live are leading promoters on the UK live scene, delivering spectacular line-ups of some of the hottest chart talent and legendary household names to some of the world’s most famous racecourses. Summer Saturday Live and Newmarket Nights are a staple in the regions social calendar and last year hosted tens of thousands fans of live music, with performances from artists including Olly Murs, Jess Glynne, Culture Club and The Jacksons.
The events are renowned for combining a fun filled evening at the races with a spectacular evening concert in the informal and relaxed open-air setting of the hallowed turf.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
Tickets are available at: www.thejockeyclublive.co.uk and prices start at £29.