Corsets and curiosities at Victorian Day in St Neots
- Credit: Archant
Corsets, curiosities and all things Victorian provided some educational entertainment on St Neots Market Square at the weekend.
The Victorian Festival, organised by the St Neots Museum, included traditonal side shows, a performing flea and reproduction costumes of the era.
Museum curator, Liz Davies, said the event was well attended and people were amazed to see the Victorian clothes.
“We want to thank everyone who came to our Victorian Festival, lots of people discovered new things about the period and the side shows were very popular.”
The Live’n History group provided information about food history and clothing from the perild.
You may also want to watch:
www.livenhistory.co.uk and www.stneotsmuseum.org.uk.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 6 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 7 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 8 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 9 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home