Corrie! . . right up your street
FANS of Coronation Street, the nation’s longest running soap, will get the chance to take part in the show’s 50th anniversary celebrations.
Corrie!, the new play written by the show’s long-term scriptwriter Jonathan Harvey, is coming to the Cambridge Arts Theatre.
Fully endorsed by ITV, Corrie! is a funny and affectionate tribute to five decades of life on the Street.
Following the fortunes of two of Weatherfield’s finest families, the Barlows and the Platts, the show features favourites past and present like Ena Sharples, Hilda Ogden, Hayley and Roy, Jack Duckworth and Bet Lynch.
Coronation Street favourite, Gaynor Faye, who played Judy Mallett in the soap from 1995 to 1999 will narrate the show.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I’m so excited to be working on Jonathan Harvey’s play of Coronation Street.
“I never thought I would walk on the cobbles again having pegged it in the back yard. It is a real honour to be part of the Coronation Street team again and I can’t wait to get stuck in.”
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 8 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 9 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
As an affectionate wander through 50 years of the nation’s favourite soap, Corrie! is one for fans old and new alike.
INFORMATION: Corrie! is at the Cambridge Arts Theatre from Thursday, February 10, to Saturday, February 19. Tickets are priced �30-�15 and are available from the box office on 01223 503333