COMPETITION: Win tickets to see comedy tale of boating trip in Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
A quintessentially British comedy is on its way to the Cambridge Arts Theatre.
Audiences can enjoy a feast for the eyes and ears with Craig Gilbert’s production of Jerome K. Jerome’s Three Men in a Boat from Wednesday (January 21) until Saturday, January 24.
In an attempt to escape the stresses of city life, friends J, Harris and George, accompanied by their canine companion Montmorency, decide to take to the river in order to rejuvenate.
The holiday, however, quickly unravels and descends into chaos. Originally intended as a guide to boating on the Thames, Jerome’s ripping yarn of youthful friendship, mischief and folly comes complete with a working pub, live piano accompaniment, ale, music hall singing, and physical comedy. The Hunts Post has a pair of tickets to the Wednesday night performance to give away.
To stand a chance of winning, just tell us in which year Three Men in a Boat was published.
Email your answers along with your name and daytime contact number to email@example.com by the deadline of 12noon on Monday.
INFORMATION: Shows start at 7.45pm with a 2.30pm Thursday and Saturday matinee. Tickets cost £15-£25 and are available from the box office on 01223 503333 or www.cambridgeartstheatre.com.
- 1 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 2 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 3 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month
- 4 Man who assaulted police officer claimed it was 'black magic'
- 5 Plans to improve safety and cut congestion in new A141 and St Ives scheme
- 6 Man who crashed into house is banned from driving
- 7 Drunk mother who allegedly dropped child under arrest
- 8 St Ives cocaine dealer is jailed
- 9 Will we have a white Christmas in Cambridgeshire this year?
- 10 The Courtyard in St Ives is ready welcome people this winter