COMPETITION: Win tickets for Cineworld in Huntingdon and St Neots
- Credit: Archant
The Theory of Everything (12A)
This is the life-affirming, superbly acted true story of Stephen Hawking’s first marriage.
At a Cambridge University party in 1963, brilliant yet socially awkward physics postgraduate Stephen Hawking (Eddie Redmayne) meets literature student Jane Wilde (Felicity Jones).
The attraction between them is immediate, and Jane more than holds her own against his fierce intellect. Stephen’s advanced ideas about theoretical physics and cosmology also impress his tutor, Dennis Sciama (David Thewlis).
But then he’s given a devastating diagnosis of motor neurone disease and told he has just two years to live. Jane draws on her inner strength to stand by the man she loves as they face the future together.
You may also want to watch:
The director, James Marsh, has a flair for telling incredible true stories. Adapted from Jane Hawking’s memoir, this is a deeply moving, nuanced drama that doesn’t shy away from the Hawkings’ marital difficulties. It also benefits from a revelatory performance by Redmayne.
The Hunts Post has six pairs of tickets - three for Cineworld Huntingdon and three for St Neots - to give away to see a film of your choice.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
To stand a chance of winning, just tell us which musical Eddie Redmayne starred in as Marius.
Answers on a postcard or sealed envelope to The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TB. Closing date is Wednesday, January 21.