COMPETITION: Top comics on the circuit to perform at St Ives venue
- Credit: Archant
High voltage comedy antics are on the horizon as the latest Jesterlarf Comedy Club night approaches.
Geography teacher turned comic Rob Rouse will headline at the Burgess Hall, St Ives, on Friday, April 24.
His set will cover a multitude of issues such as obsessive compulsive disorder, child germs and calamitous birthing pool incidents in his own inimitable style.
Rouse abandoned a career in education for comedy after winning Channel Four’s prestigious ‘So You Think You’re Funny?’ competition at the Edinburgh Festival in 1998, an award previously won by Dylan Moran, Lee Mack, Tommy Tiernan and Peter Kay.
He went on to present The Friday Night Project on the same channel and then enjoyed a stint as team captain on hit panel show 8 Out of 10 Cats.
You may also want to watch:
He has also appeared in programmes such as Spoons and Mad Mad World.
But it’s on stage that he has really made his name as a regular at the Edinburgh Festival with a series of critically acclaimed shows that have seen him tour extensively throughout the UK, Australia and New Zealand.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 5 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 6 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 7 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 8 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
Support comes from Ian Stone - one of the most talented topical acts in the country with his edgy, provocative yet easy-going manner. He’s a member of the Comedy Store’s renowned Cutting Edge show and a regular on BBC 5 Live’s Fighting Talk.
Also taking to the stage will be Marc Lucero, winner of the best show at the Leicester Comedy Festival, who is known for his deadpan style and comic take on life as a 50-plus stay-at-home father.
Meanwhile, fast and furious cheeky Belfast comedian Ryan McDonnell will compere the show with his trademark lightning quick wit and fun audience banter.
The Hunts Post has a pair of tickets to the show to give away.
To stand a chance of winning, just tell us the year that Rouse won the ‘So You Think You’re Funny?’ competition.
Answers on a postcard or sealed envelope to The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TB.
The closing date for entries is Wednesday, April 15.
INFORMATION: Starts at 8pm. Tickets cost £12 in advance from One Leisure St Ives on 01480 388500 or www.jesterlarf.co.uk. Alternatively, they will cost £14 on the door.