COMPETITION: King of Pop to stop in Peterborough
- Credit: Archant
A tribute act will aim to recreate the atmosphere of a Michael Jackson concert at The Cresset, Peterborough.
The Forever Jackson show will see Robin Parsons assuming the mantle of the late King of Pop on Friday, February 27.
His live vocal performance will be backed up with authentic dance routines and a look which is the result of a two hour theatrical make up process.
Having performed for Jackson back in 2003, Parsons will now celebrate his life’s work.
The show features a live band whose individual credits include supporting Beyonce, Katy Perry, and The Script. In addition, backing comes from an all-female dance crew which promises to add a modern twist to the world-famous routines.
Fans can also expect visual effects galore and a varied set list from Can You Feel It by The Jackson 5 to solo songs such as Billie Jean and Smooth Criminal.
Parsons said: “We are excited to give the people of Peterborough the opportunity to experience this mind-blowing concert-style performance. It’s the closest you’ll see to watching the King Of Pop himself live in concert. Playing the part of Michael Jackson is a great honour, it’s going to be an electrifying night for the people of Peterborough, and we hope to see everyone dancing in the aisles.”
- 1 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 2 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 3 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 4 Could you give these pets a home?
- 5 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 6 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 7 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 8 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!
- 9 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
- 10 Thousands of trees planted in green initiative
The Hunts Post has two pairs of show tickets to give away.
To stand a chance of winning, just tell us the name of Jackson’s 1982 album featuring tracks such as Beat It and Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’.
Email your answers to email@example.com by 12noon on Wednesday (February 25).
INFORMATION: Starts at 7.30pm. Tickets £22.50 from 01733 265705 or www.cresset.co.uk.