COMPETITION: Glitz and a medley of hits as St Ives becomes Broadway
- Credit: Archant
The bright lights of Broadway will shine on St Ives when a drama group performs a medley of musical theatre.
Whether you’re a West End habitué or enjoy going to the theatre closer to home, there is sure to be plenty to keep you entertained.
The St Ives Music and Drama Society (SIMADS) will Return to Broadway with its latest production, aimed at all lovers of musical theatre across the decades.
Packed with songs and excerpts from hit shows such as Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserables, Sister Act and Wicked – not to mention Jesus Christ Superstar, Jekyll and Hyde, Singin’ in the Rain and Cabaret – it’s the perfect chance to see these much-loved productions all under one roof.
With solos, duets, trios, ensemble numbers, toe-tapping dance routines and comedy sketches featuring SIMADS’ old favourites and a host of new faces, it promises to put a little bit of a spring in the audience’s step when they leave the theatre.
Directed by June Forway, with musical direction from Alana Thackray, it follows a long line of performances in the group’s history on the stage.
SIMADS has covered a wide scope of material – from a musical festival in 1935 through to its 2014 production of High Society.
- 1 Small community café in St Neots "just hanging on"
- 2 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 3 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 4 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 5 Great honour for two men awarded the freedom of Huntingdon
- 6 Come and see Huntingdon's Beacon lighting ceremony for the Jubilee
- 7 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 8 Large Hotel of the Year winner is proud of its history
- 9 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 10 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
Other works have included Guys and Dolls, Jane Eyre: A Musical Drama, Fiddler on the Roof, Oklahoma, and Sweeney Todd.
Grab your friends and family for what promises to be a showstopping extravanganza.
The Hunts Post has two pairs of tickets to give away for the show on Thursday, March 5.
To stand a chance of winning, just tell us which US city Broadway is in.
Answers on a postcard or sealed envelope to The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TB.
Alternatively, you can email your answers to email@example.com. The closing date for entries is Wednesday (February 25).
INFORMATION: The shows will start at 7.30pm from Wednesday, March 4, to Friday, March 6. Tickets cost £12, with £10 concessions and a £1 booking fee for online sales. To book, call the box office on 07516 484900 or visit www.simads.co.uk. Alternatively, you can buy them from the SIMADS ticket desk at the market held at St Ives Corn Exchange on Monday (February 23).