COMPETITION: Glitz and a medley of hits as St Ives becomes Broadway
- Credit: Archant
The bright lights of Broadway will shine on St Ives when a drama group performs a medley of musical theatre.
Whether you’re a West End habitué or enjoy going to the theatre closer to home, there is sure to be plenty to keep you entertained.
The St Ives Music and Drama Society (SIMADS) will Return to Broadway with its latest production, aimed at all lovers of musical theatre across the decades.
Packed with songs and excerpts from hit shows such as Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserables, Sister Act and Wicked – not to mention Jesus Christ Superstar, Jekyll and Hyde, Singin’ in the Rain and Cabaret – it’s the perfect chance to see these much-loved productions all under one roof.
With solos, duets, trios, ensemble numbers, toe-tapping dance routines and comedy sketches featuring SIMADS’ old favourites and a host of new faces, it promises to put a little bit of a spring in the audience’s step when they leave the theatre.
You may also want to watch:
Directed by June Forway, with musical direction from Alana Thackray, it follows a long line of performances in the group’s history on the stage.
SIMADS has covered a wide scope of material – from a musical festival in 1935 through to its 2014 production of High Society.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
Other works have included Guys and Dolls, Jane Eyre: A Musical Drama, Fiddler on the Roof, Oklahoma, and Sweeney Todd.
Grab your friends and family for what promises to be a showstopping extravanganza.
The Hunts Post has two pairs of tickets to give away for the show on Thursday, March 5.
To stand a chance of winning, just tell us which US city Broadway is in.
Answers on a postcard or sealed envelope to The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TB.
Alternatively, you can email your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for entries is Wednesday (February 25).
INFORMATION: The shows will start at 7.30pm from Wednesday, March 4, to Friday, March 6. Tickets cost £12, with £10 concessions and a £1 booking fee for online sales. To book, call the box office on 07516 484900 or visit www.simads.co.uk. Alternatively, you can buy them from the SIMADS ticket desk at the market held at St Ives Corn Exchange on Monday (February 23).