COMPETITION: A real comedy gent on stage in Peterborough
- Credit: Archant
Non-stop quick-fire gags are in store for the audience when Stewart Francis comes to The Cresset, Peterborough.
The Mock the Week favourite will stop in the city on his Pun Gent tour, where he is set to deliver just what the name suggests... puns galore.
In his characteristic fashion, Francis promises to rarely give you time to stop laughing before the next joke.
With appearances on Michael McIntyre’s Comedy Roadshow and Live at the Apollo, he has made an impression on the comedy circuit, winning awards such as Dave’s Funniest Joke of the Fringe Award in 2012.
Having achieved international acclaim, he moved to our shores back in 2007. Since then, he has continued to build on his reputation with sell-out performances, TV appearances and a support slot for Ricky Gervais’ tour.
You may also want to watch:
He is also an actor and writer, with credits including Not Going Out and The Omid Djalili Show. In addition, he is a member of comedy trio The Lumberjacks, who have performed at the Edinburgh Fringe and throughout the UK.
It will be hook, punch-line and plenty of panache when Francis takes to the stage.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
The Hunts Post has a pair of tickets to the show to give away.
To stand a chance of winning, just tell us which country Francis is originally from.
Answers on a postcard or sealed envelope to The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TB.
The closing date for entries is Wednesday, April 15.
INFORMATION: Starts at 8pm on Wednesday, April 22. Tickets £18 from 01733 265705 or www.cresset.co.uk.